Aerial Acrobat & Yogini

måndag 20 augusti 2012

Role Model

In the building across the one I live in lives an elderly woman.
I don't know her age, I have never spoken to her, but her hair is white.
When I moved here for a bunch of years ago she was in a wheelchair. A very vivid memory that I have is one winter day when I pass by her with my car and she is stuck in a pile of snow with her wheelchair and she is laughing. She is in a wheelchair, stuck in a pile of snow and she is laughing.
Years after that she dumped the wheelchair and started to use a walker instead.
Some time after she started to use the walker I noticed that sometimes she used crutches. And after a while I never saw the walker again.
It has passed six or seven years since that day when I saw her sitting and laughing in her wheelchair with one of the wheels deep in a pile of snow. Today when I look out my window and see her she does'nt even use crutches. She walks, with a limp a staight back and a sunny smile on her face.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar